salted chocolate toffee. matzah never tasted so good.
it's a childbirth education class.
believe me. i know.
enough matzah to cover a cookie sheet
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 12 oz. bag semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
flaky sea salt
to make the toffee:
1. preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lay the matzah down flat on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
2. melt the butter and sugar together until it reaches a boil, stir to combine. pour the combination evenly over the matzah. bake for four minutes then remove from oven.
3. evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the matzah and return the pan to the oven for 1 minute, then remove.
4. spread the melted chocolate chips evenly over all the matzah sheets, then generously sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
5. let it cook in the oven, then break it into small pieces and enjoy!
this is seriously the best way to consume matzah, and it was a hit in our class!